Monday, March 9, 2009

Stumbled Upon

I found this photo the other day on StumbleUpon, a fascinating link that brings you to all of these different web sites. A great way to continue the procrastination stage if you should choose to do so. Unfortunately, I find that I have been spending a lot of time procrastinating. It's crazy! I can be in the zone day after day for hours at a time and then all of a sudden, it just stops. It's kind of like a creative hangover. I just have to withdraw from it and be creative in other ways or not at all. The altered book has been my saving grace, though. It is so quick and effortless to play with those pages. Less pressure and more freedom to do whatever the hell I want to with it. Plus, it adds the aspect of writing. To me, writing what is going on in my life can deliver so much insight. In a way it is like cleaning my studio, but rather I'm cleaning my brain, making room for the creativity to flow.

4 comments:

  1. brain cleaning versus brain washing....i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the idea of "creative hangover"...yeah! we are not machines, we have to "refill the well" with rest, time, non-thinking, dropping out. its like the shavasana (sp?), or dead pose in yoga- i'm told that's when all the real shifts/work in our body really happens- so the same may be true for artists, when we are being/not doing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been chillin from my plaster lady as well - now that I've taken some time, I feel more interested in making her beautiful than I did a week ago - I hear you about needing space for more creativity! Beautiful photo - makes me feel incredibly relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, louisiana. that photo makes me miss new orleans...

    ReplyDelete